Saturday, May 4, 2013

A New Chapter

When I first arrived at De Anza High School for the ILC tutorial, the only thing that I could think of was whether or not I was going to get a ticket for parking in a red zone. While on my way to the computer lab to meet Don, I was so deep in thought to the point that I was aimlessly wandering the campus. Once I regained my bearings I was off to the computer lab.  Little did I know what difficulties we would have.  

After spending forty-five minutes trying to get the Internet to work on our laptops, we finally gave up and used the school computers.  Then we had to deal with the school district’s security settings that blocked almost every website we tried to use. Then, to top it all off, it was a humid hot day.   But once we straightened out all the problems, the tutorial went along smoothly.  

During the tutorial we received an elaborate and detailed packet that contained everything we need to know about what to and bring on our trips.  Don explained to us the importance of communication and hard work in order to be successful in the Ivy League Connection.  Today was the beginning of a new chapter for me and everyone else in the ILC.  I cant wait to see what this book has to offer.

1 comment:

  1. I could have sworn that when I sent you all the maps that I mentioned parking behind the red zone. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete