Monday, May 27, 2013

Blog Tutorial with Don

Today, I finally had the blog tutorial with Don. I had not been able to meet at the previous tutorials, so Don gave me my own tutorial so that I could catch up with everyone else. Don and I met at Starbucks at 10 AM, and after ordering a couple of drinks (Blueberry Muffin and Caramel Frappuccino for me), we started on the tutorial.

My laptop was having problems connecting to the Starbucks wifi, so we used Don's laptop instead. During the tutorial we went over the rules and requirements for the blog. Don had previously emailed me the tutorial packet and I had read most of it, if not all of it, so the tutorial served as a way for me to ask questions and become better acquainted with the rules. Don went over the most used parts of the  Photoshop Elements and I practiced on the Photoshop and the Practice Tutorial page on this Blogger website. It was all fairly simple, and with a bit of practice, I should have everything down. 

After we went over the blog, Don went through the rules for our trip this summer and over the items we may need. In the tutorial packet, there was a list of the different things that we may want to pack for our trip. I would not have thought to pack a lot of the items listed on the list, so it is a good thing that the packet provides that. 

The tutorial ended after 3 hours, exactly the length Don said it would take. The tutorial was very informative, and I'm happy we did not continue to push this back. This has really helped me and now my posts will improve and become better for you, the readers! 

1 comment:

  1. Even though this tutorial was a chore, it was still fun. It always amazes me just how packed Starbucks can be.

    ReplyDelete