Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Inspiration In Front of The School Board

Tonight the Ivy League Connection went before the School Board. Before the official presentation, I met the chaperone for the U Penn cohort, Mr. John Hillyer, for the first time. Mr. Hillyer seems like a great person. He seems nice, with a sense of humor; in other words, a fantastic chaperone. I eagerly await going east with the fantastic people in my cohort.

We then sat before the School Board. The Ivy League Connection was praised, and each cohort went up and introduced themselves. Each chaperone and one member of each cohort gave a short speech. While the chairs were a bit uncomfortable, it was certainly worth it to be inspired by my fellow ILC members. I concurred with their sense of gratitude to be able to embark on such an amazing program. We will be taking classes at some of the top schools, we will talk with people from those schools, and we will be able to bring back this knowledge to the West Contra Costa School District. I am thankful and excited for such an amazing program.

1 comment:

  1. So you don't like sitting for long periods in folding metal chairs? I would suggest that you come before the Board at their next meeting and ask them for an upgrade.

    ReplyDelete