Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Walk Through Life

The sun rises and falls with glistening scenery - leaving those who listen amazed with echoes of the past. I couldn't describe the inspiration that I've received from the adults and alumni with words, so I decided to use this poetic line. Today, we had our official University of Pennsylvania dinner (at Scala's Bistro). 

The food itself was satisfactory, but the relationships and conversations I built were phenomenal. I sat next to Anastasiya Levin and she told me many of the adventures she's had. From the adventures of pre-college to her job in marketing, she thoroughly made it interesting. She majored in Communications in French, but landed a job in marketing for Clorox; it's always fun to hear the jobs people get after college - especially, if the major is completely different from their job. Kai, Anastasiya, and I have all done programming at one point - or are doing programming). What a coincidence! We had conversations over the differences of C++ and C# (programming languages) and that really put a smile on my face. In fact, Kai and I may make a game over the summer with our free-time. If we do, that'll be exhilarating for both of us.

I never thought that I would meet another person from Highland Elementary. Roger Pharn, who will be attending U. Penn, was a sixth grader - in the same school I was attending - when I was a fourth grader. The world is so small, yet so large. Speaking of a small world, Cristina, a rising senior at U. Penn, knows many of the same people I do - through Forensics Speech and Debate. This is strange, especially because she's five years older than me. Again, what a small world. However, the opportunities and experiences are limitless. I have a faint idea of what I'm going to be expecting in the East Coast, but I'll never fully know until I experience it. This summer, I will be facing the unknown and challenging it and as a result, I'll mature as a person. Not just in demeanor and experience, but also as a scientist. I am anxiously waiting for the experiments we are going to perform. 

Madeline Kronenberg requested that I do a couple of things for the community. I'll be visiting my elementary school and informing them of the Ivy League Connection. I'll also give my previous teachers the link to the U. Penn blog (and main site) and hopefully that'll exponentially increase the number of people reading the blogs.

I was also given another task, but based on a promise, I won't tell (for now). 

Everyone's probably fatigued. I'm exhausted, but the others must be more tired than I am because I'm still blogging. Well, good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment