Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Learning About Penn at Dinner

The cohort met at the BART station. A chill breeze blew, cutting through the thin suit I had bought in anticipation of hot days in Pennsylvania. While waiting for the train, I talked to several parents. After the ride and a short walk, we arrived at Scalas. I met an admissions person and several alumni. They told me about some of the amazing things at Penn: great teachers and fantastic people. I am looking forward to the summer.

During dinner, I talked with two alumni, Anastasia and Mahendra. They told me about the incredible teachers and classes at Penn. With each word, my anticipation for the summer grew. The conversations I had made me extremely grateful for such an amazing opportunity. It isn't everyone who can say they get to study at one of the top schools in the nation.

After dinner, I talked more with the admissions person and other alumni. I enjoyed learning about the kind of people who go to Penn (smart, interesting ones). The evening makes me wish summer and Penn would come sooner.

1 comment:

  1. You have to remember to get the names of the people you meet with. Kai. Make them feel as though they were important enough for you to remember their names.

    ReplyDelete