Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Nostalgic Entrance

For each tick that passes by, I can feel the time inching closer-and-closer to departure. Through the anticipation of the strokes on my hair, and the goosebumps that are evoked through excitement, the days grow longer and longer. I'm wondering if this is a result of my anxious nature, or it may just be a side-effect of the end of the year.

Regardless, I'm exhilarated to know that summer vacation commences next week. I can hear the sighs echoing through the hallways and the relief that hits every student. Why? Because finals have just ended - for my school at least. After my finals, I rushed home to play a couple rounds of chess before departing to the ILC orientation. Three weeks ago, chess sparked my interest, and now it has captivated me to the point of addiction. I got a couple rounds in because I wanted to practice my King's Indian Defense, but I went straight to Pinole Middle School afterwards.

When I arrived at the gates of Pinole Middle School, I had an ephiphany - I had gone to this school two years ago. I experienced my first transformation in Pinole Middle School; I changed from a boorish child who had no idea what middle school was going to be like to a more sophisticated adolescent. It was there that I found my passion for science and math; I was released from the never-ending shackles of boredom and introduced to the mysteries of the world. Using that as a stepping stone, I later transcended high-school material in class and independently studied on my own. Mr. Solwren, I thank you because you evoked my ardor.

On other news, we received our agenda for the summer! On June 25th, the flight is scheduled to be from 6:25 AM - 4:50 PM. And knowing the policy for tardiness, we'll probably have to arrive much earlier than that. I'm certainly going to need to take a long - and I mean LONG - nap on that day. There are so many things to do, but it can't be done if I'm half-asleep, looking like a reincarnated zombie, in the hottest summer ever imaginable, with ten layers of snow-coats, and who just ate ten pounds of his mother's best turkey dinner on Thanksgiving night. None of that happened to me, or will happen to me, but I think you get the idea. I'll be ready to let the blazing-hot summer take over me, but it'll be fun (hopefully). 

1 comment:

  1. You’re going to have a blast, Jun, and we look forward to reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete