Thursday, June 27, 2013

Go Tigers!

Today was Princeton day. We took a two hour train ride to Princeton University for a tour.

The campus at Princeton University was absolutely amazing. It was such a beautiful campus, and nothing like I have seen before. Some of the buildings were constructed as castles! 











Our tour guide was very informative and answered every question knowledgeably. There was a lot about Princeton that I like. I like that the school is very focused on their undergraduate program and they provide what they can to make college a good experience for its students. I like that over half of the student population study abroad, major religions from all over the world are recognized, and all students are required to study a foreign language. Princeton and the neighborhood it resides in was very nice and calm. It is definitely a school I am interested in. 

After the tour Mr. Hillyer took us all for ice cream at a place called The Bent Spoon. I had a double scoop of dark chocolate and hazelnut, which was delicious!

We finally got back to Philadelphia around 4:30 PM and went to eat at the hotel Chinese Restaurant. I will be calling it an early night and I will be waking up bright and early for the Swarthmore College tour tomorrow! 

1 comment:

  1. One thing you can say about most of these Ivy League Schools in the summer is that they look VERY impressive. During the summer there aren’t a lot of students on campus to spoil the views. The grass always looks green and the old building look like what you’d expect a college to look like.

    ReplyDelete