Monday, June 24, 2013

Mission Is a Go

The moment of truth is finally here.  Tomorrow morning we will finally leave for the east coast.  It is amazing that this moment has finally arrived. It seems that only yesterday we were sending in applications and writing essays to get into the ILC and now we are ready to take the leap of faith. 

On our journey we will make new friends, travel the country, and make connections with people that other students will never be able to do.  Our course-work will be demanding and will require the use of our best skills.  I myself have packed my bags with worksheets, books, and notecards in preparation for the course.  No matter how much I may think that I know about physics, I’m sure that I have only learned the tip the iceberg in the elaborate world of physics.  I believe that this experience in the ILC will be the deciding factor in my decision making process for a major in college.  I hope that this course will help me to intensify my passion for science and learning, I can’t wait to see what’s in store for us.

Our experience in the ILC will not only expand our knowledge in our respective fields, but also outside the classroom.  We will have the opportunity to engage with the people of the east coast and peer into the aspects of their society.  Also, our cohort will be able to get an in-depth view of the inner workings of college life. 

In addition to all of the amazing learning opportunities for our cohort, there will also be plenty of time for fun.  I personally love traveling in airplanes due to my passion for flying.  Also, we will get to have the pleasure of being on the east coast for the Fourth of July.  Then of course there is the amusement park and rock climbing that is available to the physics students.  Lastly, there is the fun of traveling to Manhattan and seeing our country’s most elaborate cities. 

Our adventure awaits us, as there is only a few hours remaining until takeoff.  We will be venturing into a strange new world to seek out new life and civilizations, and to boldly go where we have never gone before.  Thrusters at maximum, and our adventure begins.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh...it seems like only yesterday that your Principal--Sue Kahn--took me aside to introduce me to you telling me that you were someone to keep my eyes on. I haven’t been disappointed yet, Michael, and I don’t expect to be.

    Good luck, God speed (whatever that means) and have a blast.

    ReplyDelete