Tuesday, June 25, 2013

We're Finally Here!

After a couple hours of sleep last night, I went with my family to El Cerrito High School at 3:40 AM. We took pictures, got our itineraries and said our goodbyes. And then it was time! We took a shuttle to SFO and, after baggage check and security, made it to our 6:25 AM flight. The first flight to Chicago was long and uncomfortable, but the second was better. 

On the flight from Chicago to Philadelphia, I sat by a mother and her youngest daughter. They were travelling from Ventura, California to Philadelphia to see the older daughter. The eleven year old girl was very excited to see her older sister, who is now married with a child and she kept repeating how much she loves playing with her nephew. The mother was asleep for most of the flight, but the young girl showed me her iPad games and offered me goldfish and almonds. There was a storm in Philadelphia, so we had to circle around the city a few times before we could land. It took about forty minutes.

After we landed, we got our luggage and called for our shuttle to take us to the Sheraton Hotel. In the shuttle there were some interesting people. There was a student who went to college in Philadelphia and was returning because she just got an internship. There was also a girl from Wisconsin who was leaving for the Peace Corps in West Africa tomorrow! She was coming to Philadelphia for her orientation, but because of the storm and other delays, she was almost five hours late! I hope she figures everything out. Someday, I want to join the Peace Corps.
The view from the room Audrey and I are staying in until Monday.
After discovering some miscommunication about the hotel room Audrey and I will be staying in, we eventually got some idle time before dinner. Most likely due to the time change, I wasn't that hungry at dinner time so I just ordered some fries and a vanilla milkshake. Now, after a very long day, it is finally time to go to sleep so I can be well rested tomorrow for our UPENN tour and an important dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Hannah, for telling the world that we’re sending you back east to eat an unhealthy dinner. Fries and a milk shake? That’s it? We’re all in trouble now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, Don! Tonight's dinner was much more exciting, healthy and FANCY!

    ReplyDelete