Sunday, June 30, 2013

Moving Day

We finally moved into our dorms today! At 11 AM, my cohort and I brought our bags to UPenn and signed ourselves in. We received our Penn Card, which allows us to do what we want on campus, our room keys, and we were shown to our rooms.

My room is on the second floor (air conditioning!) and I have two other roommates. My roommates are both from New York and we spent the day getting to know each other, unpack, and meet others who are part of the Summer Discovery program.

Dinner started at 5 PM, so everyone headed to the 1920s Common Hall where the food was set up. There was a variety of food, but I chose a slice of pizza and a pear. Yes, that is a weird combination.

After dinner, everyone was taken to the Orientation which was held in a large lecture hall. Robert, Eli, and Lauren, who are the program directors and coordinators, spoke to us about the program and its rules. There are a lot of rules, but it is all for safety. After, my residential counselor, Haile, held a mini orientation with my dorm floor where she repeated the rules and answered all of our questions. She told us that she will always be there for us, so if we need anything we should go to her. My dorm floor consists of 12 girls from different parts of the country and world. We all got to know each other slightly, but will get to know each other better through the course of this program.

After our mini orientation we all "signed out", which is required for attendance issues, and went back to our dorm rooms. A lot of people are asleep already and that is what I plan to do as well.

Today has been a very long day, but I am so excited to be here! Tomorrow will be my first day of class and my first experience as an (uncredited) undergraduate at the University of Pennsylvania.

1 comment:

  1. So...it's finally time. You've moved into the dorm and the next thing you know you'll actually be in your class. You're going to have the time of your life, Audrey, and you're going to write about it every day so we can share it with you.

    ReplyDelete