Saturday, July 27, 2013

When the Sun Shines On the Bay


Departure date has finally arrived, and it is time to return home after an amazing experience.  This morning started off with a very unique experience while I was still in bed.  At about seven in the morning a squirrel crawled through my window and into my room where it stayed for about half an hour running around.  I thought that that probably had to be the most bizarre moment of the entire trip due to the complete randomness.  Once I got up I finished packing all of my things and went out into the quad to say our final goodbyes to all of our friends. 

Once at the airport the series of flights began again.  Throughout the flights I took advantage of the time to catch up on some summer reading assignments and managed to finish half the book.  I was surprised at how interesting the book was and plan on finishing it soon.  Once we got back to California we were treated to that cool Bay Area air that we know and love.  I was also treated to my mother and sister who waited at the terminal for me with a welcome home sign.  This made my day even better than going home.  Once in the car we went straight to “In and Out” hamburgers for some quality West Coast food. After that it was straight home for some much needed sleep.  It was tough to leave Penn and all of my friends behind but it is good to be back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment